domingo, 29 de agosto de 2010

ENGLISH ACTIVITY

STUDENT’S NAME: __________________________________

MUSIC ACTIVITY

LA ISLA BONITA

Ita was recorded by Madonna in 1986. Its latin flavour helped to make it a big hit around the world.

1ª) LISTEN AND COMPLETE THE SONG WITH THE RIGHT WORD:

girl (2x)– sun (2x) – days – sea – fast – boy (2x) – siesta – island (3x) – samba - sky

Last night I dreamt of San Pedro

Just like I’d never gone, I knew the song

A young (1) ________ with eyes like the desert

It all seems like yesterday, not far away

Tropical the (2) ________breeze

All of nature wild and free

This is where I long to be

La isla bonita

And when the (3) ________ played

The (4)________ would set so high

Ring through my ears and sting my eyes

Your Spanish lullaby

I fell in love with San Pedro

Warm wind carried on the (5)________, he called to me

“Te dijo te amo”

I prayed that the (6) ________ would last

They went so (7) ________

Tropical the (8) ________ breeze, etc.

I want to be where the (9) ________ warms the (10) ________

When it’s time for (11) ________ you can watch them go by

Beautiful faces, no cares in this world

Where a (12) ________ l loves a (13) ________, and a boy loves a (14) ________.

Last night I dreamt of San Pedro

It all seems like yesterday, not far away

Tropical the (15) ________ breeze, etc.

GLOSSARY:

Desert= a very dry place with sand

Breeze= a light wind

Wild= not controlled

Long to= really want to

Sting my eyes= make my eyes hurt

Lullaby= song to make a child go to sleep

Pray= ask God for something

Warm (v)=make hot

Face= front part of your head

Cares= Worries

2ª) MATCH THE PICTURES:

1. He told her he loved her clip_image002( )

2. She went home

clip_image004( )

3. A girl went to a tropical island on holiday

clip_image006( )

4. Every night a band played the samba

clip_image008( )

5. She met a boy

clip_image010( )

6. The days went very fast

clip_image012( )

7. She had a dream about her holiday

clip_image013( )

8. Every afternoon she watched the people go by

clip_image015( )

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário